The smell of freshly melted butter almost always equates to popcorn. Whether you are about to enter the cinema to watch the latest flick or chilling at home and doing a Friends rerun, the popcorn is a must-have. Popcorn has been a staple during hangout session with friends, movie marathon alone at home and during movie dates with loved ones. It has that comforting yet enticing smell that will instantly make your stomach grumble and make your arms reach for that big bowl of salty goodness. Would you believe it is America’s favorite snack? And it’s also no surprise that Americans eat more popcorn than any other countries.
Let’s look back at popcorn’s journey before it became America’s most loved. Popcorn at first was used for decorations such as necklace and head ornament. However, it became more popular when Charles Cretors’ (let’s say our mighty thanks to this man) invented the popcorn maker. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Popcorn making or cooking is easy, but there are still some ways that we do it wrong. So here are 6 things to know when making the salty goodness that is popcorn.
- Flavacol, the not-so-secret ingredient.
If you are wondering how come popcorn at the movies tastes and looks better with that right amount of yellow color, that my friend is what we call Flavacol. This gives our popped kernel the shade of yellow that looks so good, you want to eat ‘em all even if the movie hasn’t started yet. Aside from the color, it also allows the salt to stick to the popped kernels better, giving you a more flavorful experience.
- The more the oil, the crunchier.
We want popcorn but not the calories, right? So we try to cook popcorn with less oil. However, this will not give you the popcorn you are dreaming of. The more oil you put into the cooking bowl, the crunchier it will be. So give yourself a break and indulge once in a while, popcorn cooked in more oil will give you more joy.
- Give it a shake.
No matter what pot you are using, if you don’t shake it while cooking, then you will not get good popcorn. At least once every minute, you stir your pot and allow all the kernels to pop and get exposed to the oil and heated pot.
- Don’t pre-salt.
Pre-salting even when cooking meat, toughens it. So skip the salting while cooking as salt toughens the kernels. It would be best if you salt your popcorn once they already popped.
- Too fast, too furious on popcorn is not good.
Don’t rush your kernels. The right amount of heat should be at medium-high, but as soon as the popping starts, it’s time to put the heat on medium-low. Turning the heat lower will allow those kernels not yet exposed to the heat to catch up to those already popping.
- Popcorn-making can be a good money-making business.
Because many people love their popcorns given the right location and right recipe, it can be a good money-making gig. All you have to have is a good quality commercial popcorn machine and popcorn- making is a breeze. In a review by Regina Braun, the Paragon Theater Pop 12 Ounce is the best for beginners. With high- functionality minus the bulky size, this baby is a must-have.
Share Trading Tips for Beginners
Are you new to the world of investment and are wondering what the share trading is all like? Here we are to help you with figure it out. Share trading plays a vital role in the stock market. Generally, the companies purchase the share of the other company or become a shareholder for the particular franchise. Once they invest in the specific amount of shares in any company, they will have the right to take out the increment they receive on particular shares of the company.
A lot of people directly start investing in the stock market without any knowledge about it. So here we have given the basic 5 points you need to keep in mind while researching on or choosing a stock. You can treat it like a beginner’s guide to investing in the share market.
1. Conduct a technical analysis
Technical analysis is done to understand market physiology. In other words, the investors will have all of the information and sentiments relating to the company that is reflected in the stock price. The technical analysis is usually for the short term shareholders. It is because if they make themselves perfect in the pattern, then they can guess the market price the ups and the downs. This is the valuable information that allows the trader to understand what would be a good time to sell.
Must read: Starting a Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund
2. Understand the difference between the trader and the investor
An Investor seeks to find out the company which has a good reputation in the market and has given great value for the last few years. On the other side, the trades use the technical analysis to find out the company which are suitable and for the short term exploitation. This is the general difference between the trader and the investor. The investor looks for the long term investment while a trader looks for the short term exploitation.
3. Choose and decide which trading tools suit you
You need to choose and then decide which of the trading tools are more relevant to you. It depends upon the level of experience you have in stock or share trading platform. Therefore, you may require different levels of services from a broker. Some of the services consist of personal advice, which may be beneficial for the beginners in the starting.
However, if you are having enough experience in this field, then you may look for a discount on any specific online trading tool. They will happily give you.
Also Read: 5 Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Platforms
4. Educate yourself
You should not only depend upon the guesswork. Thorough homework is of vital importance for the financial developments if you want to succeed in stock trading. A lot of reading is required here. Be it newspapers, news blogs or books, you need to update yourself constantly. There are some books as well, which can help you out if you are a beginner in share trading. Books to read include “The Intelligent Investor“ by Benjamin Graham (Harper Business, 200), “What You Need to Know Before You Invest” by Rod Davis (Barron’s Educational Series, 2003), “The Art and Science of Technical Analysis” by Adam Grimes (Wiley, 2012).
5. Diversify your profile & make a plan
This is a thumb rule when it comes to investment. You should never forget that all the investments are subject to market risks so it is always advisable not to keep all the eggs in one basket. You should always diversify your investment portfolio and make sure to choose the profitable categories.
This technique helps you balance out on the losses with the profit-making investments, thus helping you play safe. The more research you put in the better investment plan you can create. Your investment strategies should be in alignment with your goals. In fact, I would suggest you should set up the limits on how much you are willing to lose.
These are the five points that I have mentioned in this article — the share trading for beginners. You can quickly go through these points, and I am sure it will make you understand what exactly the stock market is and how it works. If there are any other questions, then don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. Start your investments today with ease from the 5paisa app
20 Most Critical Facts About GST
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is considered the biggest fiscal reform in India, since Independence. The main change that GST has brought in India is the application of one single tax law across the whole country.
After the implementation of GST, several indirect taxes such as the Excise Duty, Service Tax, Additional Custom Duty, Special Additional Custom Duty, Central Sales Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Entertainment Tax, Sales Tax, and some other taxes are replaced. There are several interesting facts about the Goods and Services Tax law.
Also Read: Mobile Apps for Being Tech Savvy with Management Finances
Some important and critical facts about GST are discussed in this article.
- GST is a relief for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). Under the tax regime that existed previously, any business having operations across multiple states was required to register for VAT to carry out business. The process of VAT registration was quite complicated but now GST has made the registration centralized, and the rules remain uniform for all countries. Apart from that, the entire process of taxation has become much simpler and the overall cost for logistics has gone down.
- The GST took around two decades to be entirely conceptualized in India. An empowered committee of Finance Ministers under the Vajpayee government started the discussion in the year 2007 and the GST was finally implemented in the year 2017.
- India has a dual-GST structure- the Central GST and the State GST. Apart from India, there are around 160 countries that follow the GST law in some form or the other. The only country other than India with a dual-GST structure is Canada.
- The GST council has decided a four-tier tax rate structure. The slabs are- 5%, a lower rate for essential goods and services, 12% and 18%, a standard rate for goods and services and 28%, a higher rate for luxury and sin goods.
- To insert articles that would empower the Government of India to levy Goods and Services Tax, the Constitution of India was amended. Before this amendment, the State and the Centre could not tax the same transaction simultaneously but GST has explicitly allowed both the Centre and the State the power of taxation.
- According to GST law, any movable property is considered as “goods” and anything other than that i.e. immovable properties are classified as “services.”
- Previously, the tax revenue collected by high manufacturing states was more than the high consumption states. But since GST is a consumption-based tax, now the high consumption states collect more taxes than the high manufacturing states.
- State excise duties and Value Added Tax is still applicable on alcohol for human consumption but it is kept outside the scope of GST along with a few other goods and services such as petroleum, real estate.
- The GST has eliminated the cascading effect by ensuring the seamless flow of credit across all the supply chains. This helps in overcoming the inflationary effect caused by the previous “tax-on-tax” or “cascading” effect.
- GST has given a boost to the Indian market with respect to foreign trade. It has opened up the Indian economy to foreign investors who were previously reluctant but are now willing to invest in India.
- The registration for GST or return filing can be done online whereas in the earlier tax regime, the business owner had to get separate registrations done for various indirect taxes. Every taxpayer registered under GST needs to file GSTR-9 which is an annual return. It is a consolidation of all the returns filed in a single year.
- After the implementation of GST, the number of indirect taxpayers has increased. There has also been an increase in voluntary registrations. Especially by the small enterprises who sell goods to large enterprises.
- The GSTN system makes sure that the tax paid by the supplier matches the details of credit claimed by the recipient. This system ensures that the recipient keeps a check on his supplier.
- The taxable events under the indirect taxes are sales, manufacture, provision of service/import. Whereas the taxable even for GST is the supply of goods and services. It covers within its bounds all types of existing taxable events.
- A Composition Scheme was introduced to encourage a reduction in taxes and tax compliances. It is an easy and simple scheme for taxpayers. Any taxpayer who has turnover less than Rs.1 Crore can opt for this scheme. With this scheme, small taxpayers can pay. The GST at a fixed rate of turnover and avoid tedious formalities.
- The tax rates under the Composition Scheme are: i) 1% for small businesses with a turnover of Rs. 1.50 crores & ii) 6% for small service providers with a turnover of Rs. 50 Lakh per annum.
- The GST has reduced tax rates, eliminated multiple point taxation and increased revenues. Together these have accelerated economic growth and given a boost to the GDP of the country of India.
- The complexity of the indirect tax structure prevented transparency but GST being a unified tax, has helped create a transparent environment.
- The previously existing multiple indirect taxes at both central and state levels led to a lot of complications. This made the administration difficult. The administration of indirect tax is much simpler under GST due to the strong and simple IT system.
- GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated a common market and reduced the overall effect of taxes on goods and services.
As the short term effect, the GST is predicted to reduce inflation. In the previous system, the tax was paid on the value of goods at every step of its production process. This meant a higher amount of total tax paid and as a result, inflation in the prices of goods and services. But GST has helped in an elimination that cascading effect.
GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated
Improve your Business with Better Customer Success
The reason why customers want to buy your goods or services is that they think those goods or services can help solve their problems. If those problems aren’t solved, customers may choose to shop around for something that gives them better value for their money. Therefore, it is important that you are always looking for ways to help private or corporate clients meet their needs.
Acquire Data About Your Customers
A customer success team can do a better job of servicing its clients by obtaining as much information about them as possible. In many cases, the process of gathering data about a customer starts before he or she is targeted with an online ad or cold called by a sales professional. Ideally, your business will create a customer persona that helps you determine who that person is and what his or her key needs are.
Learn How to Anticipate Problems
It is also a good idea to have a chat online, by phone or over coffee to learn more about what a customer wants and needs. This allows you to offer goods or services that can help solve a person’s problems or best fit his or her budget. Ultimately, gathering as much data about a client as possible makes it possible to be proactive as opposed to reactive in helping that client be successful.
The goal of a customer success team is to be proactive as opposed to reactive. While your customer service and support staff can help to resolve issues and salvage relationships, the goal is to rely on them only as a last resort. By avoiding problems before they occur, your customers are more likely to be happy and eager to associate with your brand.
There are several steps that you can take to anticipate and avoid potential issues that could impact a client’s success. Let’s say that you know about a potential bug with your sales platform that increases the possibility that online credit card transactions could be declined.
In such a scenario, it can be a good idea to let the client know about that issue, what is being done to fix it and how your company can help until it is fixed. While a customer may not be happy about the inconvenience, knowing that their partner is there to help makes a big difference.
Use Computer Software to Manage Relationships
You can use computer software to help manage relationships and be more proactive in meeting everyone’s needs. A software program can help with tasks such as sending out the phone or email messages asking if a customer has any questions, concerns or feedback about a product or service.
These messages can also remind customers to schedule routine maintenance or prompt them to offer any feedback that they may have. Keeping in touch with your patrons can make it easier to learn about issues before they directly impact them. Furthermore, regular contact makes customers feel like more than an account number.
It is critical that your company does whatever it can to help its customers be successful in meeting their goals. Whether they want to save money, save time or increase their brand reach, being a proactive partner can help to grow your brand both today and into the future.
- Technology4 months ago
Download PLDT WiFi Hacker Apk : Hack PLDT WiFi Password in One Click
- Technology3 months ago
TOP 23 BEST FREE SPORTS STREAMING WEBSITES 2018
- Applications3 months ago
Download Cisco Packet Tracer For Mac For Free [100% Working]
- Tricks4 months ago
Learn How To Install Kodi On Roku (Jailbreak Roku)
- Technology3 months ago
Know How Much Does NetFlix Cost Per Month (September 2017 Updated)
- Tricks3 months ago
TOP 40 BEST ROOT APPS YOU MUST HAVE FOR ROOTED ANDROID PHONES
- Tricks3 months ago
How To find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie Using Google Dorks [Video Tutorial Added]
- Applications3 months ago
Download Sybla TV App : Watch Bein Sport Live Streaming