The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is considered the biggest fiscal reform in India, since Independence. The main change that GST has brought in India is the application of one single tax law across the whole country.
After the implementation of GST, several indirect taxes such as the Excise Duty, Service Tax, Additional Custom Duty, Special Additional Custom Duty, Central Sales Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Entertainment Tax, Sales Tax, and some other taxes are replaced. There are several interesting facts about the Goods and Services Tax law.
Also Read: Mobile Apps for Being Tech Savvy with Management Finances
Some important and critical facts about GST are discussed in this article.
- GST is a relief for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). Under the tax regime that existed previously, any business having operations across multiple states was required to register for VAT to carry out business. The process of VAT registration was quite complicated but now GST has made the registration centralized, and the rules remain uniform for all countries. Apart from that, the entire process of taxation has become much simpler and the overall cost for logistics has gone down.
- The GST took around two decades to be entirely conceptualized in India. An empowered committee of Finance Ministers under the Vajpayee government started the discussion in the year 2007 and the GST was finally implemented in the year 2017.
- India has a dual-GST structure- the Central GST and the State GST. Apart from India, there are around 160 countries that follow the GST law in some form or the other. The only country other than India with a dual-GST structure is Canada.
- The GST council has decided a four-tier tax rate structure. The slabs are- 5%, a lower rate for essential goods and services, 12% and 18%, a standard rate for goods and services and 28%, a higher rate for luxury and sin goods.
- To insert articles that would empower the Government of India to levy Goods and Services Tax, the Constitution of India was amended. Before this amendment, the State and the Centre could not tax the same transaction simultaneously but GST has explicitly allowed both the Centre and the State the power of taxation.
- According to GST law, any movable property is considered as “goods” and anything other than that i.e. immovable properties are classified as “services.”
- Previously, the tax revenue collected by high manufacturing states was more than the high consumption states. But since GST is a consumption-based tax, now the high consumption states collect more taxes than the high manufacturing states.
- State excise duties and Value Added Tax is still applicable on alcohol for human consumption but it is kept outside the scope of GST along with a few other goods and services such as petroleum, real estate.
- The GST has eliminated the cascading effect by ensuring the seamless flow of credit across all the supply chains. This helps in overcoming the inflationary effect caused by the previous “tax-on-tax” or “cascading” effect.
- GST has given a boost to the Indian market with respect to foreign trade. It has opened up the Indian economy to foreign investors who were previously reluctant but are now willing to invest in India.
- The registration for GST or return filing can be done online whereas in the earlier tax regime, the business owner had to get separate registrations done for various indirect taxes. Every taxpayer registered under GST needs to file GSTR-9 which is an annual return. It is a consolidation of all the returns filed in a single year.
- After the implementation of GST, the number of indirect taxpayers has increased. There has also been an increase in voluntary registrations. Especially by the small enterprises who sell goods to large enterprises.
- The GSTN system makes sure that the tax paid by the supplier matches the details of credit claimed by the recipient. This system ensures that the recipient keeps a check on his supplier.
- The taxable events under the indirect taxes are sales, manufacture, provision of service/import. Whereas the taxable even for GST is the supply of goods and services. It covers within its bounds all types of existing taxable events.
- A Composition Scheme was introduced to encourage a reduction in taxes and tax compliances. It is an easy and simple scheme for taxpayers. Any taxpayer who has turnover less than Rs.1 Crore can opt for this scheme. With this scheme, small taxpayers can pay. The GST at a fixed rate of turnover and avoid tedious formalities.
- The tax rates under the Composition Scheme are: i) 1% for small businesses with a turnover of Rs. 1.50 crores & ii) 6% for small service providers with a turnover of Rs. 50 Lakh per annum.
- The GST has reduced tax rates, eliminated multiple point taxation and increased revenues. Together these have accelerated economic growth and given a boost to the GDP of the country of India.
- The complexity of the indirect tax structure prevented transparency but GST being a unified tax, has helped create a transparent environment.
- The previously existing multiple indirect taxes at both central and state levels led to a lot of complications. This made the administration difficult. The administration of indirect tax is much simpler under GST due to the strong and simple IT system.
- GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated a common market and reduced the overall effect of taxes on goods and services.
As the short term effect, the GST is predicted to reduce inflation. In the previous system, the tax was paid on the value of goods at every step of its production process. This meant a higher amount of total tax paid and as a result, inflation in the prices of goods and services. But GST has helped in an elimination that cascading effect.
GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated
Does Having A Website Guarantee Growth In Business?
If not before, we’ve indeed learned a lesson about online businesses in 2020. Online presence is the key to success in this digital era. You might already know how important it is to have a website that can help your business grow online. But, little did you know that having a website does not guarantee business growth.
The truth of the matter is that having a website is only the stepping stone for entering into the world of digital commerce.
Read this- several reports confirm that more than half of the startups fail within the first year of their inception. And most of them set up an online store or a website.
So, where is it all going wrong? Of course, to set up your business online, you need a website. Besides, having a relevant domain name and a beautifully crafted website indeed influences business. But it requires a lot more than just creating a website to gain online success.
In this article, we’ll give you some practical ways to help you grow your online business.
So, keep reading to find the correct answers for all your whats, hows, and ifs.
Like Promotions Like Advertisements
For starters, you need to understand one thing; your website is like your shop. Your customers would only buy from you as long as they can find you.
You’ll need to promote and advertise your website (online business) the same way you’d do it for your physical retail store in your community or locality.
Note that, by similar promotions and advertisements, we do not mean magazine prints or TV coms. Investing in these traditional strategies could be way too expensive. And, luckily there are several other ways to do so.
For example, you can start with guest blogging and press releases about your business. Thus, improving website visibility in front of the masses. But remember, you only partner up with niche relevant blogs and magazines for guest posting and press releases.
Likewise, you can also include paid promotions such as Facebook ads and Google ads into your advertising plan.
NOTE: It is noteworthy that promotions and advertisements are not identical, although they work pretty similarly and for the same goal.
When you’re promoting, you’re not enticing your target audience to purchase at the very exact moment. Meaning you’re instead promoting your brand than your products.
Contrary to this, when you’re advertising, you’re asking your customers to make a purchase.
Competitors Can Be Great Teachers
Most website owners assume that taking up the usual steps, such as optimizing keywords and building relevant backlinks, is enough. But, there’s a catch to this practice.
Consider this scenario.
Every website follows these steps. But, not every website ranks at the first position in search results. In other words, a few websites perform outstandingly, then the rest. Indeed, they are doing something exceptional that others are not.
Now, some websites within your niche (your competitors) should be ranking on top positions in search results. In contrast, others might be ranking on the tenth or maybe fiftieth page.
So, what is it that the top rankers are doing and the bottom rankers are missing in their marketing? Maybe it is a mix of paid and organic traffic sources. Or perhaps it all has to do something with the content that they have on their website.
To your surprise, you can indeed find out what’s helping your competitors rank better than others for your desired keywords. The practice is called competitor analysis. And once you’ve identified what’s helping your competitors outperform others, you’re already a step closer to growing your online business.
What you can do next is, adopt their strategy, modify it to suit your needs, and you’re good to go. And if it is working for your competitors, it should work for you as well.
Market Trends Help Maintain The Pace
Like all other things concerning your business, marketing trends also keep on changing. Precisely, digital marketing trends in 2021 are far more stern than it was a year ago. So what do you do?
You keep up with the trends.
Consider this –
Every change in the market drives specific changes in the industry operations. And also how consumers interact with the industry. For example, a change in consumer preference for pre-packed foods would also affect how food and beverage companies produce their products.
And the ones who can’t keep up with the market trends are often the ones to fail or are generally at the bottom of the market funnel.
Need For Robust And Holistic Approach
All in all, you need a way to market your website more than you need the website. Although your website is the stepping stone, it is not the end of your efforts.
Perhaps, coming up with a robust and holistic plan to penetrate the market should be your primary focus. And accordingly, things would start falling into place.
Top 5 Financial Tips For First Time Home Buyers By Experts
- Are you a first-time homebuyer looking for some financial tips on how to buy your first home?
- Do you know about the best interest rates on home loans, which can make your dream a reality?
- Have you tried talking to financial experts who can help show you some clear and easy money-saving tactics?
All of us have a single dream. That dream constitutes having a place, which we can truly call our own. Across the world, one of the foremost goals of people includes buying their first home. In terms of career goals, this ranks higher than buying your first car, marriage, and so on.
While many people are more than capable of investing in a new house and life for themselves, there are some things, which hold them back. One of those things is poor information about the financial aspects of buying a new home.
In this article, we speak to leading financial experts and ask them about the problem. However, before we begin, let us first look at some common problems first-time homebuyers face.
What are some common problems faced by first-time homebuyers?
According to financial experts, the biggest problem first-time homebuyers face is affordability. Not knowing how big of a house you want, or whether you will be able to afford it or not is a big question. Repaying something for the next twenty-five years of your life does not make sense.
Many homebuyers make an elementary mistake of not getting second quotes. In most instances, if you go by the first quote, you will never be able to reduce the prices. Every prospective home, which goes for sale, always enlists the help of two or three brokers. People looking to buy their first home should always reach out to different brokers for the same house.
Finally, the third biggest mistake financial experts state that homebuyers make is not calculating the overheads. In simple words, this involves checking out the foundation of the building and seeing whether it is termite infested or not. First-time homebuyers should look to cut down on maintenance and one-time rebuild costs as much as possible.
- 1 Top 5 Financial Tips for First Time Homebuyers: The List
- 1.1 Create a separate Savings Fund for your home-
- 1.2 Always reach out to at least three financial institutions for Home Loans-
- 1.3 Try to avoid making a Small Down Payment-
- 1.4 Bargain to include the Basic Maintenance within the final Home Price-
- 1.5 Prepare a speculative monthly Budget to check the feasibility-
- 2 Conclusion
Top 5 Financial Tips for First Time Homebuyers: The List
Create a separate Savings Fund for your home-
Experts suggest that having just one savings fund to fulfill all the needs of your future is not a good idea. This is especially a poor decision if you dream of buying your own home. It is important to set up a separate savings fund for your home well in advance. This will help you avoid paying a very small down payment and incurring high-interest rates.
Always reach out to at least three financial institutions for Home Loans-
Every bank or financial institution has its own rules and regulations governing home loans. This is why leading home loans expert, Associates Home Loan suggests going after the one with the best interest rates on offer. This will not only allow you to understand what is best for you but also give you a broader idea as to how you should plan.
Try to avoid making a Small Down Payment-
The biggest burden first time home buyers put on themselves is the high-interest rate burden. Making a small down payment might look to be very attractive initially, but it is never a sound financial decision. According to experts, you should try to make the down payment to be at least 50% of the total value of the home. This will cut down on the repayment period.
Bargain to include the Basic Maintenance within the final Home Price-
No matter, which house or apartment you will look to buy, there might be some of the other niggling issues. There might be termite infestation or rotted foundations because of a flood. You need to negotiate hard with the existing owners and include those costs within the price of the home. This will help you prevent unnecessary overheads as soon as you buy the home.
Prepare a speculative monthly Budget to check the feasibility-
Any first-time homebuyer wants to rid himself or herself of any financial problems. This is why experts suggest that preparing a monthly budget to show where you will stand at the end of the month is a good idea. Take into consideration your interest rates, overheads, maintenance, and your earnings.
While buying a home is most often an emotional decision, it is best not to get dictated by them. By following the advice and suggestions of financial experts, you too can achieve your dream of buying your first home. Can you think of some other financial tips? Drop them in the comments section below.
Marketing Benefits of Offering a Drive-Thru at Your Restaurant
The present-day restaurant ecosystem is immensely diverse and audacious. According to the National Restaurant Association, the projected sales of the U.S. restaurant industry in 2019 was $863 billion dollars-which equates to 4 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product. Back in the 1970s, the projected sales were around $43 billion dollars.
David Henkes, a senior principal at the foodservice industry analyst firm Technomic, told Washington Post, “For a number of years, the rate of restaurant growth has exceeded population growth. Too many restaurants are chasing too few consumer dollars.” Amidst this changing ecosystem and competitive market, restaurants must keenly observe the market and consumer-centric trends like a hawk and ensure that they stay relevant by adopting the right strategy and technology.
One such strategy adopted by several restauranteurs all over the globe is the implementation of drive-thrus. The concept of the drive-thru was introduced back in 1948 by a 100-square foot burger shack called In-N-Out. Since then, drive-thrus have thrived in the restaurant ecosystem, helping the restaurants attract customers due to the added convenience quotient
However, setting up a drive-thru is not an easy task—it’s more than just having a window on one of the walls of your restaurant and taking orders from there. It’s like setting up a completely different business and will probably cost you almost half as much as your restaurant business. So why go through the trouble of setting up a drive-thru? Because it’s not just a revenue driver, it has a lot of marketing benefits as well.
Here are a few of the marketing benefits of a drive-thru:
- Use the real estate for advertising purposes. While customers are waiting in their cars, you have their attention. You can use the wait-time for advertising your brand and new product offerings to your customers using bright digital LED signage. Displaying delectable videos and images of high-margin food and beverage items can entice customers and drive sales. These signages can also be used to display promotional videos of your brand and other drive-thru-only offers.
- You can use drive-thrus to gather valuable customer data and insight to over personalized services to your customers, which will help you offer better customer experience and thereby brand loyalty among your customers. You can even use a third-party personalization platform to collect and analyze real-time and historical customer data to create personalized campaigns.Last year, McDonald’s Corporation acquired Dynamic Yield-an Artificial Intelligence-powered personalization platform for over $300 million. The fast-food giant will use provide an enhanced personalized customer experience with digital drive-thru menu displays to show food based on various parameters such as time of day, weather, current restaurant traffic, and trending menu items. “The decision technology can also instantly suggest and display additional items to a customer’s order based on their current selections,” the company claimed.
Using customer data such as phone numbers, vehicle information, and loyalty and membership accounts, restaurants can gauge different customer preferences. This insight can be used for mobile marketing and sending personalized newsletters about the various offers available, changes in the menu, upcoming events, and other restaurant-centric news.
- You can use various tech for restaurant drive-thru to streamline the operations, thereby freeing up your restaurant staff to engage with the customers, thus enhancing the customer experience quotient of your brand. Reinforcing your drive-thru operations with technology and state-of-the-art equipment can not only help offer a better drive-thru experience for your customers, but it can also boost brand your restaurant.
- Most customers waiting for their turn in a drive-thru use their smartphones to kill time. By offering these customers a small incentive such as a free beverage, you can get them to participate in a brief market research survey. The survey results can prove to be a treasure trove of valuable insight sourced directly from your key target crowd.
- Instagram is one of the most powerful marketing tools for restaurants. You can incentivize customers to post pictures on their Instagram handles using unique hashtags that promote your brand and tag your restaurant, while they document their drive-thru experience.
You can also use Snapchat’s Geofilter feature to create a customized Snapchat filter specific to your restaurant brand, maybe even incorporate your logo. This filter can then be used by Snapchat users in your restaurant or the drive-thru to add to their content, thereby enhancing the visibility of your brand.
Drive-thru Drives Your Brand
Setting up and running a streamlined drive-thru service is no walk in the park. It’s a massive investment and requires your blood, sweat, and tears to succeed in this game. However, with the right tools and strategy, drive-thrus can be a powerful branding platform for your restaurant. Don’t be afraid of investing in technology to streamline your drive-thru operations. The right tech tools can work wonders to enhance the drive-thru experience for your customers and thereby boost the brand value of your restaurant.
Business5 months ago
How to start a call center with low investment?
Tricks4 months ago
How To find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie Using Google Dorks [Video Tutorial Added]
Technology5 months ago
Download PLDT WiFi Hacker Apk : Hack PLDT WiFi Password in One Click
Technology4 months ago
TOP 23 BEST FREE SPORTS STREAMING WEBSITES 2018
Applications3 months ago
Download Cisco Packet Tracer For Mac For Free [100% Working]
Tricks4 months ago
Learn How To Install Kodi On Roku (Jailbreak Roku)
Technology3 months ago
Learn How to Change NAT Type On PS4 – Boost Network Speed [100% Working]
Technology4 months ago
Know How Much Does NetFlix Cost Per Month (September 2017 Updated)