The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is considered the biggest fiscal reform in India, since Independence. The main change that GST has brought in India is the application of one single tax law across the whole country.
After the implementation of GST, several indirect taxes such as the Excise Duty, Service Tax, Additional Custom Duty, Special Additional Custom Duty, Central Sales Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Entertainment Tax, Sales Tax, and some other taxes are replaced. There are several interesting facts about the Goods and Services Tax law.
Also Read: Mobile Apps for Being Tech Savvy with Management Finances
Some important and critical facts about GST are discussed in this article.
- GST is a relief for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). Under the tax regime that existed previously, any business having operations across multiple states was required to register for VAT to carry out business. The process of VAT registration was quite complicated but now GST has made the registration centralized, and the rules remain uniform for all countries. Apart from that, the entire process of taxation has become much simpler and the overall cost for logistics has gone down.
- The GST took around two decades to be entirely conceptualized in India. An empowered committee of Finance Ministers under the Vajpayee government started the discussion in the year 2007 and the GST was finally implemented in the year 2017.
- India has a dual-GST structure- the Central GST and the State GST. Apart from India, there are around 160 countries that follow the GST law in some form or the other. The only country other than India with a dual-GST structure is Canada.
- The GST council has decided a four-tier tax rate structure. The slabs are- 5%, a lower rate for essential goods and services, 12% and 18%, a standard rate for goods and services and 28%, a higher rate for luxury and sin goods.
- To insert articles that would empower the Government of India to levy Goods and Services Tax, the Constitution of India was amended. Before this amendment, the State and the Centre could not tax the same transaction simultaneously but GST has explicitly allowed both the Centre and the State the power of taxation.
- According to GST law, any movable property is considered as “goods” and anything other than that i.e. immovable properties are classified as “services.”
- Previously, the tax revenue collected by high manufacturing states was more than the high consumption states. But since GST is a consumption-based tax, now the high consumption states collect more taxes than the high manufacturing states.
- State excise duties and Value Added Tax is still applicable on alcohol for human consumption but it is kept outside the scope of GST along with a few other goods and services such as petroleum, real estate.
- The GST has eliminated the cascading effect by ensuring the seamless flow of credit across all the supply chains. This helps in overcoming the inflationary effect caused by the previous “tax-on-tax” or “cascading” effect.
- GST has given a boost to the Indian market with respect to foreign trade. It has opened up the Indian economy to foreign investors who were previously reluctant but are now willing to invest in India.
- The registration for GST or return filing can be done online whereas in the earlier tax regime, the business owner had to get separate registrations done for various indirect taxes. Every taxpayer registered under GST needs to file GSTR-9 which is an annual return. It is a consolidation of all the returns filed in a single year.
- After the implementation of GST, the number of indirect taxpayers has increased. There has also been an increase in voluntary registrations. Especially by the small enterprises who sell goods to large enterprises.
- The GSTN system makes sure that the tax paid by the supplier matches the details of credit claimed by the recipient. This system ensures that the recipient keeps a check on his supplier.
- The taxable events under the indirect taxes are sales, manufacture, provision of service/import. Whereas the taxable even for GST is the supply of goods and services. It covers within its bounds all types of existing taxable events.
- A Composition Scheme was introduced to encourage a reduction in taxes and tax compliances. It is an easy and simple scheme for taxpayers. Any taxpayer who has turnover less than Rs.1 Crore can opt for this scheme. With this scheme, small taxpayers can pay. The GST at a fixed rate of turnover and avoid tedious formalities.
- The tax rates under the Composition Scheme are: i) 1% for small businesses with a turnover of Rs. 1.50 crores & ii) 6% for small service providers with a turnover of Rs. 50 Lakh per annum.
- The GST has reduced tax rates, eliminated multiple point taxation and increased revenues. Together these have accelerated economic growth and given a boost to the GDP of the country of India.
- The complexity of the indirect tax structure prevented transparency but GST being a unified tax, has helped create a transparent environment.
- The previously existing multiple indirect taxes at both central and state levels led to a lot of complications. This made the administration difficult. The administration of indirect tax is much simpler under GST due to the strong and simple IT system.
- GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated a common market and reduced the overall effect of taxes on goods and services.
As the short term effect, the GST is predicted to reduce inflation. In the previous system, the tax was paid on the value of goods at every step of its production process. This meant a higher amount of total tax paid and as a result, inflation in the prices of goods and services. But GST has helped in an elimination that cascading effect.
GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated
Learn How To Streamline Your Business Processes To Make IFTA Reporting Convenient
The processes and regulations of a trucking business are as complex and intricate as the size of the business itself. It is not possible for a single person or a small team to oversee and run everything in a trucking company. So, any small upgrade or tool that would help in making the business processes easier is readily absorbed by the industry as long as they are economical.
When the IFTA was created in the 1900s, it was aimed to:
- Quickly and effortlessly log data
- Eliminate extra personnel.
- Set up a clear process.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Help keep things organized.
A wave of happiness flowed across all personnel in the trucking industry. It had just made many of the processes and documentation that much smoother.
Also Check: 20 Most Critical Facts About GST
What is the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)?
IFTA was created in 1996. It stands for the International Fuel Tax Agreement.
According to the South Carolina Legislature, the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an organization of states and the Canadian provinces under which the fuel use tax obligations of interstate and international motor carriers are administered.
Motor carriers across the country had to maintain a report of the miles they drove and how much fuel they consumed all the time. This was particularly bothersome when carriers had to constantly cross different state borders.
Before the IFTA was created, the trucking company had maintained tremendous amounts of documents, paperwork, unit conversions and much more every time their trucks drove across different jurisdictions in order to file the fuel tax reports, i.e., each jurisdiction had its own rules and regulations for filing the fuel tax reports. This meant the vehicles also required multiple fuel tax licenses.
The creation of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) in 1996 brought together 48 states of the United States of America (USA) and 10 provinces of Canada together to enable trucking companies to file their fuel taxes under a single license. This saved the trucking companies a lot of time and money. Visit Samsara for the complete list of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) member jurisdictions.
Some jurisdictions where the IFTA credentials are now valid are Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.
Despite all of this, there can sometimes be mistakes in the IFTA reporting process. But the quest for perfection never stops.
So, what are some ways that can help to make the reporting more convenient? An effective way to go to the roots of the problem – Business Processes. Streamlining business processes has the potential to substantially improve efficiency and speed of any associated task, and filing IFTA reports is no exception.
Streamline Your Business Processes
By undertaking simple, yet significant measures, business processes can be effectively streamlined to make the reporting process of IFTA buttery smooth. Their benefitting consequences result in making the IFTA reporting process more convenient.
Here are 5 measures that you can take:
1. Process Monitoring and Control
Process monitoring and control can radically transform the way your business works. It brings with it:
- The motivation to collaborate.
- Improvements in team management.
- Enhancements in communication, visibility, and transparency.
- Advanced data analytics, pattern recognition, and more.
- Ease of data access, transmission, and maintenance across people and platforms.
- Automation of repetitive tasks and periodic error corrections.
- Design and form tools to customize dashboards and profiles.
- Safety and security from hacks and data breaches.
2. Maintaining an Accurate Record of the Miles
Maintaining a record of the miles and fuels consumed is vital to file the IFTA reports.
You might be tempted to provide a rough estimate of the fuel consumed, and miles driven as the tax filing deadline closes in on you. But do not make this mistake, because the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) requires you to be as accurate as possible. Failing to do so can put your company and the fleet at the risk of an audit.
3. Good GPS Tracking
The incorporation of a good GPS vehicle tracker will surely benefit in the long term if not in the short term. Samsara’s GPS tracking helps to provide real-time vehicle visibility. This reduces the scope for any falsification.
The benefits of GPS tracking are not just limited to real-time vehicle tracking and visibility, but also extend to the following:
- Optimization of routes to improve efficiency and decrease time.
- Improving security to lower the risks of losing assets.
- Improving customer service by providing features such as live sharing.
- Reducing costs by providing insights to help make better decisions.
4. Using ELD and Fleet Management Software
Failure to file reports on time can cost you a lot. They can result in the suspension of the license or heavy fines for the company. However, paperwork is tiring, uninteresting, time-consuming, and repetitive.
Turning towards technology to track vehicles, miles, and fuel purchases can do wonders in making the experience of filing tax reports effortless by seamlessly integrating into your workflow to improve efficiency, strengthen safety and ensure compliance.
Modern innovations in the logistics industry, like ELD compliance solutions and fleet management software, made the process faster, streamlined, and efficient.
5. Using A Dedicated IFTA Software
A dedicated IFTA software will help you ease many things starting from:
- Maintaining a directory and organizing all your fuel receipts.
- Accurate and updated logs.
- Recording all the miles driven.
This will help you file reports faster and better.
It is not easy to log each and every small and minute mile of your truck. A dedicated IFTA software takes care of them for you by helping you log data incrementally without any hassle.
The aforementioned processes will have thoroughgoing reforms in your business to make IFTA tax filing and reporting more convenient than ever before.
Modern technological innovations improve speed, efficiency, increase accuracy, decrease errors (especially human errors) and ensure compliance to the Hours of Service (HOS) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
This article helps guide you through a process that can otherwise seem intimidating and can become a challenge.
All of this works in synergy to eliminate paperwork and repetition, enabling you to dexterously file quarterly IFTA reports for your company.
No More Cutting Costs, This App Helped Me Improve My Standard of Living Big Time
I remember reading a quote once, “an empty room is a story waiting to happen, and you are the author.” This quote left behind a lasting influence on my mind and artistic soul. It made me realise how much we influence our surroundings and vice versa.
I started to appreciate the efforts that people put into transforming a house into a warm and loving home. It was almost as if our homes are a reflection of what we are on the inside.
India’s home decor and furnishing market has been flourishing. It was estimated that the sector would have a valuation of about INR 40,000 crores by 2020. Keeping this trend in mind, I decided to jump the bandwagon and kickstart a career in reselling home decor.
My Tryst With Home Decor
I was always fascinated by home improvement projects. It had become an obsession for me to scroll through Pinterest or watch home transformation videos on YouTube.
As much as I liked to watch such home improvement-related content, it was my biggest regret that I could not afford the posh and expensive home decor items.
Living on a shoe-string budget and wanting a dream home was almost an oxymoron. I took up a regular 9 to 5 job and slogged through the years.
I didn’t make a lot, but it was enough o make ends meet. However, through all these struggles, there was always a part of me that nurtured this artistic streak.
In this period, I would often frequent the local handicraft and flea markets to bag some cheap but pretty home decor items. Honestly, these rendezvous were very time consuming, not to forget that these markets were often overcrowded or located in dingy places.
However, it still could not dampen my dream of having a luxurious home with shaggy rugs, silky curtains, and walnut wood furniture.
Once while visiting a mall, I noticed that the home decor items on display were a lot more expensive than the bargains that I scored in the local markets. I saw a similar trend when browsing through online home decor products.
At that very moment, the idea struck me – I wanted to start a business selling home decor products at affordable rates.
Why I Chose Selltm and How it Helped me
I came across the Selltm app while looking for home decor wholesalers. It blew my mind how the app had a wide array of home decor products to meet every homeowner’s needs. Plus, everything was affordable!
The Selltm App was easy to set up and operate. In a couple of clicks, I had created my profile on Selltm and was ready to get selling! There are several reasons why I chose Selltm, but the primary reason remains the same – it had a variety of products at pocket-friendly rates!
All the home decor items available over Selltm were not only a treat to the eye but were high-quality products. How do I know? Because I started my business by purchasing a couple of items for myself! The experience was seamless and hassle-free, while the on-time delivery was excellent too!
After my trial run, I browsed through the collection and created a personalised catalogue for a friend and forwarded it to him over WhatsApp. He was massively impressed by my suggestions and ended up purchasing two items from the catalogue right then and there.
My phone’s notification informing me of my earnings was one of the sweetest sounds that I had ever heard. I almost could not believe that landing an online business was this easy!
Must Read: 20 Most Critical Facts About GST
As a start, I began displaying my catalogues on family WhatsApp groups. I asked my family to share their honest feedback on what they thought of the products.
The response was mostly positive, but the icing on the cake was when a few relatives started placing orders from my link. They got their favourite items at a cheap rate, and I got a cut on their purchase.
To test the waters further, I asked the members of my housing society’s group on whether they would be interested in purchasing home decor items. After receiving an affirmative answer by a few, I created a separate group for the interested individuals and began sharing my catalogue with them.
The society’s WhatsApp group paced things up for me. The cute and trendy home decor products on Selltm were such crowd-favourites that I had to place advance orders and keep stock at home!
In the final stage of setting up my business, I pooled in my office contacts and tried my luck there. And what do you know, my business took off to a whole new level!!!
How to Start Reselling Home Decor
If, like me, you want to get into a business of reselling home decor, here are a few useful tips to help you get started:
- Install Selltm on your phone: I cannot express what a blessing this app was for me right from the day I conceived the idea. The app is loaded with amazing features, and as a seller, you get daily payouts. Buyers get 7-day refunds and COD facility, which keeps them happy.
- Presentation matters: You are not selling a home decor item; you are selling a missing piece of a jigsaw that makes your client’s home complete. Share high-quality product images so that customers can scrutinise it thoroughly before making a purchase.
- Know your audience: As I have stated previously, we like to decorate our homes as per our personal choices. Hence, you wouldn’t recommend something modern and artistic to someone who prefers vintage items, right? Take the time to understand your client.
- Promote your goods: Everyone knows that you sell good stuff, but don’t just stop there! Customers don’t buy home decor products often. However, when they plan on doing so, you should be at the forefront of their minds!
I firmly believe that we are a product of our environment. Several individuals understand this fact and make an effort to create a surrounding that is nurturing. And I am here to help them achieve that.
Thanks to Selltm, I am no longer living from paycheck to paycheck. More importantly, I am finally living the dream of beautifying not only my own home, but everyone else’s too!
5 Interesting Facts about Running a Restaurant
The restaurant industry can seem like a bit of a mystery to those who do not run them. All the moving parts of the business can actually be rather fascinating the more you learn more about it! Are you interested in getting into the industry or even just curious about the ins and outs of a restaurant? Keep reading for some interesting details you might not normally consider affect food businesses!
The Technology Aspect is Actually Pretty Impressive
In today’s modern-day, technology is everywhere, and running a restaurant is no exception. Almost every aspect of your life is aided by technology, and restaurants can also utilize these tools to help to run a smooth and successful business. Without it, sales would not go as smoothly as they do today.
Think about the last time you went to a restaurant and the technology was down. It was hectic, right? You wouldn’t think of it usually, but easy tasks like payments, tracking inventory, and even managing employee schedules are all coordinated through technology. The best pos hardware systems can do all three so restaurants can provide an efficient, streamlined service.
Location is More Important Than You Would Think
It is always a bit annoying to find out that the one restaurant everyone is talking about is completely out of the way. For most restaurants, location is the determining factor for their success. It allows people to reach them conveniently, and if the restaurant is on a main road or busy area, people are more likely just to walk in to be served.
Concept Plays a Large Role in a Restaurant’s Success
Have you ever been to a restaurant that had no specific cuisine? How about a place where the ambiance was all over the place, making for a confusing atmosphere?
Concepts are essential in the success of running a restaurant. Without a cohesive idea for food, location, and overall offering of the business, it is highly likely that the restaurant will not succeed. If you think about it, the restaurants that become well-known are those with a precise concept-such as an Italian restaurant with its food names in Italian, good music, and a traditional Italian dining room that serves food family-style, for example. This is the type of concept that creates an experience that the customer is more likely to enjoy than one that does not focus on one aspect.
The Anticipation of a New Restaurant Is Key
If you are looking to begin in the restaurant business, marketing is vital to your business’ success. Before the doors open, you should be sure to get the word out about your business, especially to places that will promote it. Word-of-mouth marketing works great as well.
The first month is incredibly important to gauge the number of customers you will bring in, as well as identifying any issues that prevent running a smooth operation. Everyone wants to try a new restaurant, so spreading the news of your opening can help to bring in a steady customer base. Who knows, maybe your first customer will be a regular!
Family Can Make or Break Your Business
When it comes to opening a restaurant, it can be tempting to hire those closest to you instead of trying to outsource for employees. While this works in some cases, it is important to remember that your closest relations may not turn out to be your best workers.
Running a restaurant can be challenging to start with, and the last thing you want is for your business to be in peril due to straining relationships. Keep business where business belongs, and personal ties separate.
Of course, it is absolutely possible to work with your family, but tight boundaries should be drawn to ensure a lasting vitality for your business.
Remember to Stay Passionate!
The restaurant business is tough. There will be many highs and lows, and it is easy to get stuck in the mindset that things will not work out the way you envisioned them.
When times like this hit, remember why you started this business in the first place: your passion. Without that, it will be easy to decide to give up. If you have a solid reason and dream for your business and you work toward it every day, along with remembering these five steps, you are sure to find success in your future.
Business1 month ago
How to start a call center with low investment?
Technology2 months ago
Download PLDT WiFi Hacker Apk : Hack PLDT WiFi Password in One Click
Tricks3 months ago
How To find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie Using Google Dorks [Video Tutorial Added]
Applications3 months ago
Download Cisco Packet Tracer For Mac For Free [100% Working]
Technology3 months ago
TOP 23 BEST FREE SPORTS STREAMING WEBSITES 2018
Technology4 months ago
Learn How to Change NAT Type On PS4 – Boost Network Speed [100% Working]
Technology3 months ago
Know How Much Does NetFlix Cost Per Month (September 2017 Updated)
Tricks3 months ago
Learn How To Install Kodi On Roku (Jailbreak Roku)