20 Most Critical Facts About GST
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is considered the biggest fiscal reform in India, since Independence. The main change that GST has brought in India is the application of one single tax law across the whole country.
After the implementation of GST, several indirect taxes such as the Excise Duty, Service Tax, Additional Custom Duty, Special Additional Custom Duty, Central Sales Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Entertainment Tax, Sales Tax, and some other taxes are replaced. There are several interesting facts about the Goods and Services Tax law.
Also Read: Mobile Apps for Being Tech Savvy with Management Finances
Some important and critical facts about GST are discussed in this article.
- GST is a relief for SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises). Under the tax regime that existed previously, any business having operations across multiple states was required to register for VAT to carry out business. The process of VAT registration was quite complicated but now GST has made the registration centralized, and the rules remain uniform for all countries. Apart from that, the entire process of taxation has become much simpler and the overall cost for logistics has gone down.
- The GST took around two decades to be entirely conceptualized in India. An empowered committee of Finance Ministers under the Vajpayee government started the discussion in the year 2007 and the GST was finally implemented in the year 2017.
- India has a dual-GST structure- the Central GST and the State GST. Apart from India, there are around 160 countries that follow the GST law in some form or the other. The only country other than India with a dual-GST structure is Canada.
- The GST council has decided a four-tier tax rate structure. The slabs are- 5%, a lower rate for essential goods and services, 12% and 18%, a standard rate for goods and services and 28%, a higher rate for luxury and sin goods.
- To insert articles that would empower the Government of India to levy Goods and Services Tax, the Constitution of India was amended. Before this amendment, the State and the Centre could not tax the same transaction simultaneously but GST has explicitly allowed both the Centre and the State the power of taxation.
- According to GST law, any movable property is considered as “goods” and anything other than that i.e. immovable properties are classified as “services.”
- Previously, the tax revenue collected by high manufacturing states was more than the high consumption states. But since GST is a consumption-based tax, now the high consumption states collect more taxes than the high manufacturing states.
- State excise duties and Value Added Tax is still applicable on alcohol for human consumption but it is kept outside the scope of GST along with a few other goods and services such as petroleum, real estate.
- The GST has eliminated the cascading effect by ensuring the seamless flow of credit across all the supply chains. This helps in overcoming the inflationary effect caused by the previous “tax-on-tax” or “cascading” effect.
- GST has given a boost to the Indian market with respect to foreign trade. It has opened up the Indian economy to foreign investors who were previously reluctant but are now willing to invest in India.
- The registration for GST or return filing can be done online whereas in the earlier tax regime, the business owner had to get separate registrations done for various indirect taxes. Every taxpayer registered under GST needs to file GSTR-9 which is an annual return. It is a consolidation of all the returns filed in a single year.
- After the implementation of GST, the number of indirect taxpayers has increased. There has also been an increase in voluntary registrations. Especially by the small enterprises who sell goods to large enterprises.
- The GSTN system makes sure that the tax paid by the supplier matches the details of credit claimed by the recipient. This system ensures that the recipient keeps a check on his supplier.
- The taxable events under the indirect taxes are sales, manufacture, provision of service/import. Whereas the taxable even for GST is the supply of goods and services. It covers within its bounds all types of existing taxable events.
- A Composition Scheme was introduced to encourage a reduction in taxes and tax compliances. It is an easy and simple scheme for taxpayers. Any taxpayer who has turnover less than Rs.1 Crore can opt for this scheme. With this scheme, small taxpayers can pay. The GST at a fixed rate of turnover and avoid tedious formalities.
- The tax rates under the Composition Scheme are: i) 1% for small businesses with a turnover of Rs. 1.50 crores & ii) 6% for small service providers with a turnover of Rs. 50 Lakh per annum.
- The GST has reduced tax rates, eliminated multiple point taxation and increased revenues. Together these have accelerated economic growth and given a boost to the GDP of the country of India.
- The complexity of the indirect tax structure prevented transparency but GST being a unified tax, has helped create a transparent environment.
- The previously existing multiple indirect taxes at both central and state levels led to a lot of complications. This made the administration difficult. The administration of indirect tax is much simpler under GST due to the strong and simple IT system.
- GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated a common market and reduced the overall effect of taxes on goods and services.
As the short term effect, the GST is predicted to reduce inflation. In the previous system, the tax was paid on the value of goods at every step of its production process. This meant a higher amount of total tax paid and as a result, inflation in the prices of goods and services. But GST has helped in an elimination that cascading effect.
GST has also faced a lot of criticism but is also considered to be a game-changer for the Indian economy as it has generated
4 Ways to Make Your Cannabis Dispensary More Profitable
The cannabis market is one of the fastest-growing businesses worldwide, but for dispensary owners, the proof of success is in the profits. Also, the success of a cannabis dispensary is reliant upon a regular flow of loyal customer base. And in these times, a business owner can not only rely on in-store purchases but must have a multifaceted sales strategy to help your business succeed.
Although medicinal marijuana is now considered essential and demand for its products is higher than ever, realities like marketing limitations can make it difficult for your business to excel, especially when talking about today’s digital environment. However, dispensary owners can make their operations more efficient and successful by utilizing some essential cannabis dispensary profit strategies.
In this article, you’ll learn how to minimize costs, build the average cart size for each customer, avoid out-of-stock inventory, and increase customer base and product range. Let’s begin:
Minimize Operational Costs
Operational costs are the first place you need to look when the profits are not according to your expectations. Expenses like rent and utilities are unavoidable, but many other costs are within a business owner’s control and should be adjusted and reviewed regularly. Utilizing your dispensary point of sale system to find sales information and which products are in high demand is a great way to manage your expenses. Additionally, staying up-to-date with sales reports and inventory data facilitates owners to find out and eliminate slow-moving products. As a result, you free up money to invest in a product range in high demand and sell better with higher profit margins.
Additionally, by working with a well-designed POS reporting system, you will find that it helps you optimize your inventory management and valuation while helping you minimize operating costs simultaneously.
Bump up Your Online Presence
Your website and social media presence are most likely the first points of contact with your customers in this day and age. And when you have an eCommerce platform to sell your products, you have already taken the most crucial step towards increasing your profits. Also, designing a successful social media strategy is equally important to connect with your target audience.
By enhancing your online presence, you’ll be making your buyer’s journey more engaging and interactive. Make sure you regularly update your social media pages, publish SEO-optimized content on your website, and share newsletters with your customers. Implementing all these strategies will help your customers to remain aware and loyal to your brand. Therefore it becomes crucial to bump up your online presence and provide your customers with an omnichannel buying experience.
Also Read: 4 Ways to Make Your Cannabis Dispensary More Profitable
Avoid Inventory Stockout
Dispensary owners utilizing POS (point of sales) data to keep track of store trends should also keep a close eye on future inventory stockouts. Running out of stock of a particular item tells a customer that you can’t help them, giving birth to a missed opportunity and telling them you cannot help them. As a result, they go elsewhere and never come back to your facility.
On the other hand, if you review sales data regularly and make sure you have plenty of inventory to satisfy the demands of your customers, you will always make your customers happy. To avoid inventory stockout, you must place additional items according to the need or limit customer purchase until fresh inventory arrives.
Provide Customers With Delivery and Pickup Services
Cannabis consumers are always looking for safer and convenient buying options. With delivery and pickup services, you satisfy this need and help generate your business better revenue. And as more states in the US offer dispensary licenses to dispensary owners, you can’t afford to miss out on this opportunity to win more customers for your business. Moreover, providing this kind of service to your customers will be appreciated by your customers and add more value to your business while ensuring safe transactions.
Additionally, a store or curbside facility is an essential service that you need to provide on your website, so your customers can schedule a pickup whenever they can or need to. However, when you are new to cannabis delivery services, make sure you follow all the local rules and regulations and have a trustworthy delivery partner that offers quick delivery options to your customers. Providing your customers with fast delivery options will help you in earning more profits for your business. Additionally, if you find a reliable delivery partner that ensures quicker and safer delivery to your customers, you’ll be adding more to the goodwill of your cannabis dispensary. And that is a great way to increase your profits and your customers.
Must Read: 5 Important Marketing Strategies For Any Business
Helping your brand grow is not always easy. However, some essential pointers can help you achieve the desired goals for your business. The methods mentioned above will serve you that purpose and help you make your dispensary more profitable in the long run.
Choosing The Right Low Melting Point Alloys For Your Small Business
Are you struggling to find the right alloy for the business? Whether it’s a small or large company, you need the proper equipment to create products.
Every manufacturer relies on the best quality materials to make equipment, parts, and products for a small business. During assembly procedure, those materials need to be joined as a tight seal, molded in the required structure, or bent correctly without breaking. For this delicate task, most manufacturers prefer low melting point alloys. But why?
Low melt alloy, also knows as fusible alloy, melts at a low temperature (below 300ºF) than solder alloy. Its chemical composition turns metals into liquid or semi-liquid form first and re-solidify later. Therefore, working with these alloys is helpful to fuse or mold different parts at the lowest temperature.
However, depending on the application, choosing the right low melting point alloys for your small business is important. In order to maintain the durability and strength of the cast or fused part, make sure you get the correct alloy. That’s why as a business owner, you need knowledge about low melt alloys in the market.
Don’t worry. This article presents you with some popular alloys to guide you through.
Low Melting Point Alloys For Small Business- An Overview
Although there are various options for low melt alloys, certain characteristics restrict their usage. The melting point, reactivity, toxicity, or brittleness are the main factors you need to consider before choosing.
Moreover, fusible alloys are typically made of some post-transition metals like zinc, tin, gallium, antimony, bismuth, cadmium, etc. Manufacturing companies use many of these elements as additives while creating a low melting alloy. Additionally, some centrifugal casting equipment over the final product protects it from damage, ensuring more life span.
Let’s discuss some common alloys.
- Tin-based: In tin-based low melting point alloy, more than 50% major element is tin. Most manufacturers prefer this due to its malleability and ductility properties. Correspondingly the metal can be precast and reshaped without crumbling.
Pewter is the most popular tin alloy for decades. However, many other tin sheet metals suppliers provide high-quality and custom tin materials. They have wide application areas like coating for food containers, automobile parts, etc.
- Indium-based: These alloys can wet and adhere to both metallic or non-metallic surfaces like ceramic, glass, and gold. Moreover, indium-based low melt alloys have ductile features providing a wide range of melting points and fatigue resistance. For this reason, manufacturers use such alloys for bonding and sealing applications.
- Gallium-based: They have more than 50% gallium as a major constituent. Due to its very low melting point, even in unalloyed form, gallium melts on your hand at normal temperature. Additionally, gallium alloys can also wet metallic and non-metallic surfaces like glass and ceramic. That’s why these are generally used for thermal management purposes, like in semi-conducting applications.
- Bismuth-based: Bismuth-based low melting point alloy is desirable due to its unique characteristics. The pure bismuth can expand up to 3.3% during melting and solidifying. Henceforth, manufacturers prefer such alloy where necessary expansion or shrinkage of a product is desirable.
Additionally, bismuth is less ductile or brittle and has lower thermal conductivity than tin. Also, it costs less than the other low melt alloys. Not to mention, its toxicity level is lower for humans. That’s why they can be used clinically to treat many diseases.
On a final note, before choosing the right low melting point alloy for your small business, determine its purpose. If you’re in jewelry making business, you can’t use an alloy expanding too much. Therefore, you need to study the characteristics of each alloy carefully.
Further, you need to pay attention to its strength, flexibility, elongation, and tolerance with the temperature variations. Some alloys liquify instantly, whereas some go through a semi-liquid state before the manufacturer can mold it.
In addition, low melting alloys changes in density during solidifying. Such as, bismuth-based alloy expands greatly in the liquid state but gets dense in its solid form. In order to resist the severe thermal expansion of the metal, selecting the proper low melt alloy is vital for your business.
Learn How To Streamline Your Business Processes To Make IFTA Reporting Convenient
The processes and regulations of a trucking business are as complex and intricate as the size of the business itself. It is not possible for a single person or a small team to oversee and run everything in a trucking company. So, any small upgrade or tool that would help in making the business processes easier is readily absorbed by the industry as long as they are economical.
When the IFTA was created in the 1900s, it was aimed to:
- Quickly and effortlessly log data
- Eliminate extra personnel.
- Set up a clear process.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Help keep things organized.
A wave of happiness flowed across all personnel in the trucking industry. It had just made many of the processes and documentation that much smoother.
Also Check: 20 Most Critical Facts About GST
What is the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)?
IFTA was created in 1996. It stands for the International Fuel Tax Agreement.
According to the South Carolina Legislature, the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an organization of states and the Canadian provinces under which the fuel use tax obligations of interstate and international motor carriers are administered.
Motor carriers across the country had to maintain a report of the miles they drove and how much fuel they consumed all the time. This was particularly bothersome when carriers had to constantly cross different state borders.
Before the IFTA was created, the trucking company had maintained tremendous amounts of documents, paperwork, unit conversions and much more every time their trucks drove across different jurisdictions in order to file the fuel tax reports, i.e., each jurisdiction had its own rules and regulations for filing the fuel tax reports. This meant the vehicles also required multiple fuel tax licenses.
The creation of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) in 1996 brought together 48 states of the United States of America (USA) and 10 provinces of Canada together to enable trucking companies to file their fuel taxes under a single license. This saved the trucking companies a lot of time and money. Visit Samsara for the complete list of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) member jurisdictions.
Some jurisdictions where the IFTA credentials are now valid are Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.
Despite all of this, there can sometimes be mistakes in the IFTA reporting process. But the quest for perfection never stops.
So, what are some ways that can help to make the reporting more convenient? An effective way to go to the roots of the problem – Business Processes. Clicking on the URL, you’ll see how streamlining business processes can improve the efficiency and speed of any associated task. And, filing IFTA reports is no exception.
Streamline Your Business Processes
By undertaking simple, yet significant measures, business processes can be effectively streamlined to make the reporting process of IFTA buttery smooth. Their benefitting consequences result in making the IFTA reporting process more convenient.
Here are 5 measures that you can take:
1. Process Monitoring and Control
Process monitoring and control can radically transform the way your business works. It brings with it:
- The motivation to collaborate.
- Improvements in team management.
- Enhancements in communication, visibility, and transparency.
- Advanced data analytics, pattern recognition, and more.
- Ease of data access, transmission, and maintenance across people and platforms.
- Automation of repetitive tasks and periodic error corrections.
- Design and form tools to customize dashboards and profiles.
- Safety and security from hacks and data breaches.
2. Maintaining an Accurate Record of the Miles
Maintaining a record of the miles and fuels consumed is vital to file the IFTA reports.
You might be tempted to provide a rough estimate of the fuel consumed, and miles driven as the tax filing deadline closes in on you. But do not make this mistake, because the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) requires you to be as accurate as possible. Failing to do so can put your company and the fleet at the risk of an audit.
3. Good GPS Tracking
The incorporation of a good GPS vehicle tracker will surely benefit in the long term if not in the short term. Samsara’s GPS tracking helps to provide real-time vehicle visibility. This reduces the scope for any falsification.
The benefits of GPS tracking are not just limited to real-time vehicle tracking and visibility, but also extend to the following:
- Optimization of routes to improve efficiency and decrease time.
- Improving security to lower the risks of losing assets.
- Improving customer service by providing features such as live sharing.
- Reducing costs by providing insights to help make better decisions.
4. Using ELD and Fleet Management Software
Failure to file reports on time can cost you a lot. They can result in the suspension of the license or heavy fines for the company. However, paperwork is tiring, uninteresting, time-consuming, and repetitive.
Turning towards technology to track vehicles, miles, and fuel purchases can do wonders in making the experience of filing tax reports effortless by seamlessly integrating into your workflow to improve efficiency, strengthen safety and ensure compliance.
Must Read: Improve your Business with Better Customer Success
Modern innovations in the logistics industry, like ELD compliance solutions and fleet management software, made the process faster, streamlined, and efficient.
5. Using A Dedicated IFTA Software
A dedicated IFTA software will help you ease many things starting from:
- Maintaining a directory and organizing all your fuel receipts.
- Accurate and updated logs.
- Recording all the miles driven.
This will help you file reports faster and better.
It is not easy to log each and every small and minute mile of your truck. A dedicated IFTA software takes care of them for you by helping you log data incrementally without any hassle.
The aforementioned processes will have thoroughgoing reforms in your business to make IFTA tax filing and reporting more convenient than ever before.
Modern technological innovations improve speed, efficiency, increase accuracy, decrease errors (especially human errors) and ensure compliance to the Hours of Service (HOS) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
This article helps guide you through a process that can otherwise seem intimidating and can become a challenge.
All of this works in synergy to eliminate paperwork and repetition, enabling you to dexterously file quarterly IFTA reports for your company.
Business2 months ago
How to start a call center with low investment?
Tricks3 months ago
How To find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie Using Google Dorks [Video Tutorial Added]
Technology3 months ago
Download PLDT WiFi Hacker Apk : Hack PLDT WiFi Password in One Click
Technology3 months ago
TOP 23 BEST FREE SPORTS STREAMING WEBSITES 2018
Applications4 months ago
Download Cisco Packet Tracer For Mac For Free [100% Working]
Tricks3 months ago
Learn How To Install Kodi On Roku (Jailbreak Roku)
Technology4 months ago
Learn How to Change NAT Type On PS4 – Boost Network Speed [100% Working]
Technology3 months ago
Know How Much Does NetFlix Cost Per Month (September 2017 Updated)