If you have an amazon firestick then you must be trying to know how to jailbreak your firestick. So, in this guide, we are going to explain how to jailbreak amazon firestick Kodi.
Before proceeding to guide, let me tell you that what is jailbreaking fire stick and can we really access free content by doing so?
A jailbroken Fire Stick is a device which is hacked and can be used to access illegal content.
Let me clear you that you are not actually hacking, rooting, altering or anything illegal with your amazon firestick. But you are just sideloading third-party software on your device which will allow you to stream that content which is found online already. Even if you have a kodi device then you can install kodi on roku.
Now next question might be rising in your mind that what are these third party software?
Most popular software is Kodi and this is just a media player. This media player is pretty much popular because there are many third-party developers who are creating addons for it regularly. And here are some of the best Kodi addons that let you stream content online
The installation process has become much easier nowadays and if you are willing to know that how to jailbreak fire stick without the computer ? Then, you should read this guide till the end. You just have to plug in your device and follow the further instructions
In this guide, we will cover up three methods on how to jailbreak firestick 2017.
- Enable installing applications from unknown sources
- Download ES explorer
- Download latest version of Kodi (Krypton 17.0)
- Installing complete builds or addons individually
You need to have an Amazon firestick device to follow this tutorial if you don’t have already one. You can buy it from amazon.
Method 1 ES Explorer (No PC Needed)
At first, you need to enable installation of applications from unknown sources
- At your Amazon Home screen
- Scroll to Settings > Device
- Select Developer options
- Click on Apps from Unknown Sources
- Click Turn On
Now you need to download ES explorer if you have not already installed.
You need to find it somewhere on your amazon home screen, once you found it, just select it and download it. In any case, you can not find it then follow below process
- At your Amazon home screen
- Scroll to Apps > Categories > Utility
- Select ES File Explorer
Download Latest Kodi APK file (Kodi Krypton 17.0)
Kodi is a media player which was originally created for XBOX and now it is used universally for media files. Now you will install this stock version onto your Amazon Fire Stick. To do so, follow below steps –
- Open ES Explorer.
- Now click on +New (bottom of the screen)
- Now click on Path, type in: http://kodi.shopdroidlife.com, click ok
- Here you will see page with files, select Kodi-17.0-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.zip
- Just download and then select Install
Method 2 DB LINK (PC Required)
If you are willing to know that how to jailbreak firestick exodus and you want to follow this method then you must have a PC or a laptop. So, let’s proceed to how to jailbreak firestick.
Download and Install DB LINK
- At first visit http://www.jocala.com
- Now head over to the download section
- Now open downloaded file and install DB LINK
- Download APK Files
Now we are going to download the latest version of Kodi 17.0 Krypton from official site of Kodi Http://kodi.TV
To download APK file of Kodi just follow below steps
- Visit Http://kodi.TV and look for download section.
- Now select under android, ARM, this will download the APK file which is needed.
Connect Your Firestick to PC via DB LINK
Generally, you can connect your amazon firestick to your PC via DB LINK using two ways. In a first way, you need to use IP Address of your Firestick and in a second way, you can directly connect the USB wire to firestick. If you create a connection by using USB then it will power on firestick so you do not need an adapter for it.
Note: PC and amazon must be on the same Wi-Fi network in order to connect.
Steps to Connect using Firestick IP Address:
- Look at your amazon home screen.
- Now scroll to the settings
- Click on device and then tap on about and click on Locate your IP address.
- Now just open firestick.
- Click new.
- In the description box, you need to enter any name.
- In address section, enter the IP address of the Firestick which you got in earlier steps.
- Now click save.
Steps to Connect using direct USB Connection:
- At first, connect your USB wire from your PC to firestick. Direct connection from your PC should power on your firestick.
- Now open DB LINK
- Under the connected device, select your device ID.
- Now in the prompt box, you can enter any name.
- Now look, you have connected to your device.
Once your device is connected then
- Select Install APK
- Now find your downloaded Kodi 17.0 Krypton APK file
- It should start installing.
So, I hope now you are aware of that how to jailbreak firestick. If you face any problem while jailbreaking your firestick then you can leave a comment on this post, we will try our best to solve your problem.