How To Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription : Have you ever used spotify Premium service ? Don’t you like it ? Do you want to cancel your spotify premium subscription ? if yes, then this post is for you. In this post we are posting a step by step guide of How to cancel Spotify premium subscription for android users as well as iOS users.
What is Spotify Premium ?
Spotify is a music, podcast, and video streaming service, officially launched on 7 October 2008. It is developed by startup Spotify AB in Stockholm, Sweden. It provides digital rights management-protected content from record labels and media companies. Spotify is a freemium service, meaning that basic features are free with advertisements, while additional features, including improved streaming quality and offline music downloads, are offered via paid subscriptions. (Source : Wikipedia)
Also Read : Top 12 Best Sports Streaming Sites
How To Cancel Spotify Premium On Browser ?
- Go to your Spotify account by logging on it.
2. There you will see a subscription button on the left side of the screen. Click on that button.
3. After clicking subscription button, you will see two option there – Update details and cancel your spotify premium account. Just click on cancel your spotify premium account.
4. After clicking on that a pop up will rise on the screen asking you to reason behind cancelling premium subscription. Select your option that describes your reason for cancelling premium subscription. At last if you wish to keep the subscription then click on it or click on continue.
5. At last step it will ask you to enter your Spotify account password for confirming your cancellation request. As you enter your password your premium subscription will be cancelled and you will get a email regarding confirmation of cancelling premium subscription.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription On iOS Devices :
Spotify app is also available for iOS users. If you have made your Spotify premium account on iOS device then follow below steps to cancel it.
- Go to settings of your iOS device. Click on app and click on iTunes Store. You will see there Apple ID of yours. Click on that ID.
2. Now tap on view Apple ID option and enter your password.
3. Now tap on subscription and then click on manage.
4. Under manager there you will see your Spotify premium account with an option to switch off account renewal.
5. And it’s done ! Your subscription will be ended automatically at the end of the billing cycle.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium Account On Android Device :
Android users will have to cancel their Spotify premium subscription on the Spotify website on their android. Procedure of cancelling premium subscription will be same as that of browser users.
After cancelling your premium subscription you will get a confirmation mail on the registered email ID.
After Cancelling your premium subscription, still you will be able to view your account and use its free services as well. If you wish you can cancel your Spotify account and all the custom settings will be delete related to your Spotify account. But deleting your Spotify account permanently is not advisable. You can keep it intact. So that in the future if you wish to join again Spotify premium service then you can enjoy your custom setting.
So this is our article of How to cancel Spotify premium subscription. So if you want to move on to Apple music or Google play music, trying out Tidal or any other reason you can easily cancel your Spotify premium subscription by our step by step guide whether you are a iOS user or android user or using Spotify on just a browser.
Comment below if you face any problem regarding this post. We will try to sort it out.